On the more established trekking routes it is possible to use 'Teahouse / Lodge' accommodation instead of camping. This saves the cost of larger Sherpa crews and extra porters for carrying the mess, toilet tents and camping equipment. We provide necessary porter age to enable you to trek with just a day pack. On big teahouse trekking group, each day a Sherpa will go ahead of the party to secure the best accommodation available. 'Teahouses' and Lodge vary in size and quality, with many being excellent mini hotels. After Namche Bazaar, Manang, or Chomrong above 3,500m in some places the teahouses are very simple but cosy with bunk beds in one large dormitories.
On normal Rafting or Trekking with Camping
On most of the treks in and around the Himalayan region of Nepal-India-Tibet we do camping with individual Kitchen Unit and kitchen staff backed by our expert sherpa guides, cooks and porters with all necessary camping gear, two men's sleeping tents with foam mattress, dining or mess tent-toilet tent (squatting with a huge dirt hole) Kitchen tent, portable tables and chairs and all food and camp are hygienic, with all rubbish taken care and all our staff are well versed in eco-trek system and disciplined to care of the environments and its surrounding, all meals are cooked in portable kerosene oil stoves and no camp fires.
- Morning bed tea in tents with cookies ( time, depending upon the season and duration of your trek) normally around 6-7a.m. followed by warm washing water. (good for washing, hands and face only).
- Soon after 15-20 minutes Breakfast is served on the dining table.Breakfast porridge-muesli-granule-cornflakes with liquid powdered milk, sugar, honey. Bread and toast with eggs (till our fresh supply of loaf bread last, brought from the bakery in Kathmandu) most of the days breakfast on trek will be chapati or pancakes with eggs variety as per clients choice day by day either omelets-fried eggs-boiled or scramble eggs followed by tea, coffee and drinking chocolates. On the table, at meal time we serve honey-jam-peanut butter-ketchup to go along with each meal as per clients choice.
- Lunch is served after 3-4 hours of morning walk(depending upon the availability of clean fresh water and a nice spot. Lemon or Orange cordial - squash drink as a refresher, lunch will be either boiled or fried rice-chapatti- paratha-tibetan bread-noodles fried with boiled or curry vegetables (depending upon its season) and some canned food to go along with, like tuna-sardine-baked beans, we also serve yak cheese dry salami along with green vegetables and salad, followed by another round of teas (black or lemon tea).
- On arriving campsite after the day walk, late afternoon tea-coffee-drinking chocolate with biscuits.
- Dinner is served around 6.30-7 p.m. inside the cosy dining tents with lights either gas or kerosene lamp. Warm soup (vegetable with chicken flavor from the packet, with popcorn or Papa dam followed by the main course either fried noodles with eggs and vegetables, fried rice or boiled rice or even Palau rice sometime, with curry or boiled vegetables of different varieties-cutlets-momo (vegetables or meat dumplings) in the end, deserts is served, custard pudding, rice pudding, canned or fresh fruits-fritters, sometime when the cooks has enough time fresh baked cakes and pies. Tea-coffee-drinking chocolates in the end.
Each day the meal menu changes to give varieties of choice and taste, so the client wont be bored with the same type of food.
Every meal is cooked in a kerosene stoves, as we are one of the founding member of the eco-trekking and tourism. On treks our cooks knows the very best varieties of food to cook as per his ration and type of season allows in the complete wilderness, keeping in mind all the hygiene needed to keep the clients healthy and happy through out the trip.